2011 is going to be an amazing year for weddings in the Rocky Mountains! Naturally Chic is so excited for the amazing weddings we have coming up this year in Banff, Canmore, Lake Louise and Jasper! We’re really looking forward to working with such great 2011 couples and are excited to share our predications for 2011 Wedding Trends and wedding trends in the Rocky Mountains! While we’re not necessarily big on planning your wedding based on arbitrary trends, we’re definitely seeing patterns with our brides that we’re loving.
1. Personalization – Couples are continuing to put their signature touch on their weddings in creative ways. Rules, what rules? Couples aren’t following the usual patterns for ceremony or reception. Couples are now infusing more of their personalities, interests, and passions into their weddings. From creative ceremony set ups to choosing music that is meaningful to the couple for the recessional. Identical table set ups at receptions are becoming less common, with couples opting for tables of different sizes and shapes. Centerpieces are no longer “matchy, matchy”, with perhaps a uniform color, but not necessarily the same arrangement at each table. Couples are choosing wedding styles or “themes” that match their personality; sports themes (skiing, hockey etc.), love of travel, reading or favorite foods. If the couple is ice-cream or coffee lovers, we’ll see that reflected in the wedding favors they choose (Starbucks gift cards for example), to having an ice-cream bar instead of a wedding cake. Look for many more creative weddings in 2011!
2. Eco-Chic – Green weddings and eco-friendly weddings are becoming more and more commonplace. Couples are considering the ecological impact their wedding will have on the environment and are taking steps to lessen their carbon footprint. Couples are leading environmentally sensitive lives and are not wanting their wedding to be any different. While incorporating green into their weddings, couples are still wanting to be chic, elegant and unique too! Couples are choosing venues that use food from local producers and venues that have green practices. We’ll see simple and organic centerpieces and decor, eco-friendly invitations, LED lights, organic foods, and “useful”, reusable favors and gifts. A touch of glam balanced with rustic elements will also prevail in 2011. Whether vintage or modern inspired, green weddings are always chic!
3. Natural Settings for Outdoor Weddings and Ceremonies – Casual and natural ceremonies prevail in 2011. More couples are opting for outdoor ceremonies whether at a park, near a lake or mountain, on an acreage or in a barn, or even in the backyard. We’ll see more casual, tented weddings and we’ll even be seeing more adventurous wedding settings on ski hills, hiking trails, camping areas and mountain peaks only accessible by helicopter. Couples are getting outdoors and adventurous in their nuptials!
4. Vintage – Although there’ll be no shortage in fresh, modern inspired weddings, we’ll continue to see the revival of vintage inspired weddings. Vintage and eco-chic pair together beautifully and couples will incorporate vintage family heirlooms, jewelry, and other pieces into their weddings. We’ll see retro styled decor, centerpieces and dessert bars. Think pearls, lace and vintage jewelry, vintage silverware, vintage handkerchiefs, and decor with a touch of rustic mixed in! Also look for romantic vintage gowns and pre-owned wedding dresses and retro-inspired hairstyles. We’ll even notice a vintage edge in some wedding photography!
5. Natural Elements – With the eco-weddings going strong, we’ll see more use of natural elements in everything from centerpieces and decor, to use of more natural, and organic elements in wedding bouquets. Think over-sized, organic and bulky, such as ornamental cabbage, pea pods, evergreens, twigs and pine cones. Even cakes will take on more of a rustic flavor as will dessert bar set ups. As with interior design, wedding decor will see an emphasis on wood and natural elements, rustic wooden ceremony arches, engraved wood invitations and wood table numbers will continue to be popular.
Here are other trend predictions for 2011:
- In the mountains, we’ll see a bit of a departure from the large ballroom weddings, to weddings at more remote mountain lodges and cabins.
- Weekend wedding extravaganzas will become increasingly popular especially in the mountains with more activities planned for guests.
- Mountain Chic and rustic glam will become increasingly popular. Just because it’s rustic doesn’t mean it can’t be elegant and luxe!
- In the mountains we’ll see more unusual wedding ceremonies such dogsledding, whitewater rafting weddings, horseback weddings and heli-weddings.
- Photobooths will continue to be popular, especially with non-traditional setups and beautifully draped fabrics.
- Although wedding cakes are making a comeback (as opposed to cupcakes), edible favors, cookie bars and dessert bars will be in strong favor.
- Family style dinner service will continue to be increasingly popular.
- The trend of having a mountain destination wedding and eco-friendly honeymoons will continue.
- Morning weddings with brunch receptions will gain in popularity.
- Winter weddings will become increasingly popular.
- Grey-taupes, mocha browns, champagne, golds, oranges, and lots of different shades of green will prevail.
Overall, couples are choosing elements for their wedding that work for them; for their personalities and lifestyles, even if that means foregoing some traditions.
What wedding trends do you like? Are you seeing any other trends?
Contact Naturally Chic at 1.888.679.9056 or email email@example.com for more information on planning your 2011 Rocky Mountain Wedding.