Tip #10 – The Canadian Rocky Mountains are a perfect destination not only for a wedding, but also for a honeymoon.
5 Reasons to have a honeymoon in the Canadian Rockies:
- It’s not always practical for couples to leave on an extended trip immediately following their wedding. It’s becoming increasingly popular for couples to forego the traditional honeymoon immediately following their wedding, and instead opt for once in a lifetime trips to exotic locales. With many couples financing a large part of their weddings, couples often wait a few months to get their affairs in order before honeymooning. This sometimes means using up your Christmas or summer holidays. It’s still important to have some kind of a honeymoon right after the wedding. Right? Let’s face it, weddings can be stressful and at the very least, tiresome. It’s important to spend some together time and celebrate the beginning of your new life together. A “mini-moon” in the mountains is a perfect way to spend quality time after the wedding!
- Romance in a beautiful mountain setting comes naturally. With incredible mountain views, consider a mini-honeymoon in Banff, Canmore, Lake Louise or Jasper. There’s so much to see and do in the mountains. Spending some alone time after the stress of planning a wedding, is a welcome experience for couples (especially if the “big honeymoon” is weeks or months away). The breathtaking scenery and romantic setting is a bonus for romance!
- There’s never a shortage of things to do and see in the Rockies. Not only is there world-class hotels, restaurants and spas, but there’s a lots of amazing activities to please every couple including; hiking, skiing, golfing, mountain biking, kayaking and more!
- A honeymoon in the Canadian Rockies doesn’t require a lot of extra planning or preparation. If you are already getting married in the mountains, a Canadian Rockies honeymoon won’t be a lot of extra work or planning. In other words, you can make a quick getaway! You don’t have to worry about currency exchange, passports, vaccinations or other travel related preparations. This is also true for couples who live close by in Alberta or BC.
- Most lodges, hotels and accommodations offer honeymoon packages. You can often find packages that include not only your accommodations, but a romantic dinner, champagne, sweets, and more. Every hotel is different, so be sure to ask what they offer. You can often grab great deals as part of packages! Of course, everyone is nicer to honeymooning couples too!
Here’s a few of our picks for a honeymoon in the Canadian Rockies:
In Banff, consider staying at the world renown Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel. It’s the ‘castle in the mountains’ and has incredible views of the Bow Valley. They offer a fabulous honeymoon package. Spend the day hiking or skiing in the mountains. Après ski, you can relax in an outdoor heated pool overlooking the mountains or soak in the soothing, spring mineral fed, Banff Upper Hot Springs. Later enjoy decadent dining at the AAA, five diamond restaurant, the Eden, at the Rimrock Resort. Culminate the evening with champagne and strawberries in your room.
In Canmore, consider staying at the contemporary resort, the Grande Rockies Resort. Spend the day mountain biking on the many trails of the Canmore Nordic Centre. Later have lunch and a locally brewed beer at the Grizzly Paw. In the afternoon, consider a couple’s hot stone massage at the Bohdi Tree Spa. Finally, dine at the Habitat Restaurant and Bar.
In Lake Louise, consider a day of skiing at the world famous Lake Louise Ski Area and Mountain Resort or ice skating at Lake Louise. Tour the impressive Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise and have lunch at one of eight venues on site. End the evening enjoying wine from one of the biggest wine cellars in the area at The Post Hotel.
In Jasper, stay at the Jasper Park Lodge and enjoy many hikes and activites; including caneoing in the summer and ice skating in the winter. Visit the Lodge’s new spa and enjoy luxurious Rocky Mountain inspired spa treatments. Spend the evening cozying up to a roaring fire in your very own luxury cabin.
These are just a sampling of the many, varied honeymoon experiences in the Canadian Rockies. If you are getting married in the Canadian Rockies, contact Naturally Chic for assistance at email@example.com.