Tips for a Canadian Rocky Mountain Wedding in Banff, Canmore, Lake Louise, and Jasper
Tip # 16 – Churches in Canmore
Today we wanted to talk about churches in Canmore. There are churches of several denominations in Canmore and some are so quaint!
If you’re planning a church wedding in the mountains, then there are a few things you should know. If the church you are wanting to have your wedding at, is not your local church, then it’s possible that the church will have some requirements you must meet before they’ll accept your request to be married. Every church is different in their requirements and it’s best to check with the church of your choice.
Canmore is a destination location and most churches have marriage requests from out-of-towners. Unless the church accepts all denominations, many churches will not allow you to marry at their church unless one or both of the persons wanting to be married are of the same faith. Some churches will not allow you to marry at their church unless you at least attend at least one service prior to your getting married. Some will allow your local pastor to be involved with the ceremony, but the ceremony must be conducted by the resident priest or pastor.
Pre-marital counseling is another requirement many churches will insist upon before considering your marriage request. Others are not so stringent but may still request that you produce evidence that you’ve done some pre-marriage education, whether that be civil counseling or counseling from your local church.
In Canmore, outdoor wedding ceremonies are very popular and it is not uncommon for couples to request that the church of their faith in Canmore, conduct their outdoor ceremony. Most churches are quite accommodating with this. One nice benefit is that the church can be booked as your indoor back-up in case of inclement weather.
Here are some links to local Canmore churches:
- St. Michael’s Anglican Church – 709 – 7th Street , 403.678.5191
- Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Church – 1st Avenue and Hospital Place, 403.678.6700
- Mountain Sanctuary Seventh-Day Adventist Church – 1st Avenue and Hospital Place
- Ralph Connor Memorial United Church Main Street – 403.678.5354
- Rocky Mountain Victory Church – 1, 117 Bow Meadows Crescent, 403.678.8746
- Trinity Bible Church – 1717 Bow Valley Trail, 403.678.5794
- Canmore Community church, 1717 Bow Valley Trail, 403.678.2399
- Mountain Baptist Church, Bow River Lodge, Fairholme Drive and 13th Street, 403.678.2861
- Canadian Rockies Revival Centre, Howard Johnson Hotel, 403.609.2024
- Alpine Christian Fellowship, 606, 9th Avenue, 403.609.0832
Please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or comment on this blog if you know of other churches or have updates to any of the existing listed, or call 1.40.679.1409 for planning your Canmore, Banff , Lake Louise or Jasper wedding.
Visit us at Naturally Chic.