by Sharon Auld
CANADIAN ROCKY MOUNTAIN DESTINATION WEDDINGS
Are you planning a Canadian Rocky Mountain Destination wedding in the areas of Banff, Canmore, Lake Louise or Jasper? We’re sharing our daily tips to help get you started.
Tip #3 – If you’re having an outdoor ceremony within Banff National Park then you will need to submit a Banff National Park Application Form. There are special considerations for having a wedding ceremony in a national park and the application form ensures that visitors are aware of their impact. There are rules and regulations set so as to minimize impact on the environment, wildlife and other visitor’s enjoyment of the park. Although you can’t actually reserve a secluded spot in Banff National Park for your wedding, the application helps Parks Canada identify where events are taking place at any given time. Here are a few considerations to keep in mind:
- It is a National Park after all so try and keep your wedding ceremony as eco-friendly as possible
- It is recommended that the number of participants/guests attending the ceremony be limited to a maximum of 20 people.
- Vehicular traffic should be kept to a minimum (use car pooling or group transportation).
- Wedding participants are required to comply with National Park Regulations at all times.
- All participants and wedding guests must possess a valid National Park Pass.
- Participants must not disturb the park’s natural and cultural resources (ie: no picking or disturbance of flower beds, setting up of chairs or removal of trees or branches).
- Items such as confetti or rice is not permitted and a thorough clean up of the site is required immediately after the event.
Read more here, for a complete list of requirements for an outdoor wedding ceremony in Banff National Park or talk to your local wedding planner for more information. Click here to read Tip #2 – 30 Tips for a Canadian Rocky Mountain Destination Wedding in Banff, Canmore, Lake Louise and Jasper.
Contact Naturally Chic for help with planning your Canadian Rocky Mountain Destination Wedding at 1.888.679.9056 or firstname.lastname@example.org.